Following some concerns recently raised please note the following statement on school hygiene provision.
Ysgol Harri Tudur/Henry Tudor School takes its health and cleanliness responsibilities seriously. This is especially relevant now.
Toilets are cleaned daily. Pump action liquid soap dispensers are available in hand washing areas and, in light of the current Covid-19 concerns, are inspected throughout the day for serviceability. All toilets will be serviced for the start of the school day, prior to each of break 1 and 2 and at the end of the school day.
To add to this provision, we are looking to provide wall mounted hand sanitiser/alcohol based hand gel dispensers, pending availability, as soon as this is possible.
We have recently had to adjust our provision of toilet roll dispensers, due to a very small minority of pupils deliberately removing, blocking and attempting to vandalise and flood toilets, to the detriment of all of our pupils, with complete rolls of toilet paper.
However, toilet paper is available in large wall mounted toilet roll dispensers located at all pupil and staff toilets. Electric hand dryers are available in all pupil and staff toilets. Additional emergency supplies in the event of dispensers running out are available at the Pupil Support Office. All pupils and staff have been asked to also report any shortages of soap or toilet roll to a Pupil Support Officer so that refills may be prioritised.
All pupils have been reminded this week and will be reminded again over the need for good hygiene as follows:-
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the bin, and then wash your hands immediately
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment